Someone has mixed up some apples:
- There are 10 baskets containing apples.
- There are various amounts of apples in each basket ranging from 10 to 20.
- 9 of the baskets contain apples weighing 4 ounces each.
- 1 of the baskets contains apples weighing 5 ounces each.
- All the apples look the same.
- The equipment you have is a set of scales and an empty basket.
- It is late and the lorry is waiting to take the apples to market. You only have time to make one measurement using the scales.
How can you tell which basket has the 5 ounce apples in it?
Check the solutions page for the correct answer.